Fabricated Duplex Strainers
The Winston/Royal Guard Type DU56 heavy duty fabricated duplex strainers are the solution to continuous operation when downtime is not an option. The assembly features two Type 56 heavy duty strainers with modified inlet and outlet arrangements. Valves are incorporated into the duplex strainer assembly so as to isolate one strainer or the other for inspecting or cleaning the basket.
Applications for the duplex strainer include process gas, chemicals, hydrocarbons, process liquids, process water, steam, and others for the refining, chemical, petrochemical, pulp and paper, power, and other industries. The duplex strainer protects pumps, compressors, valves, and other downstream equipment by removing unwanted solids from the flow.
- 1-1/2” to 24” and larger line sizes are available.
- Various valve and piping arrangements are available.
- Rugged fabricated housings.
- Heavy duty strainer baskets.
- Commercially available valves.
- Strainer body support legs.
- Easily switched between active and idle strainer bodies without flow interruption.
- Duplex strainer housing are fabricated, NOT CAST, for long lasting service without potential for cracking.
- Valves are heavy duty for continuous service and long life.
- Customer specified valves can be used for local parts inventory.
- Easily serviced with standard components, if and when necessary.
- Customer specified options are easily accommodated.
Options include: ASME Code stamped strainer bodies, top flange lifting davits, Quick-opening closures for easier and faster basket cleaning, open bottom baskets for blowdown, skid mounted, lifting eyes, differential pressure connections, vent, motorized valves, and other customer requirements.